Saturday, September 02, 2006


Back in the day when I was a grad student at Pratt I had an internship at MoMA. Best job I ever had…..but, I digress. Anyway, at the time I was there, Santiago Calatrava had just completed a new piece that was to be placed in the garden. There was also a small exhibition of his work including his addition to St. John the Divine. I became an instant fan of his work. The incredible sculptural quality of it. The graceful way it appears to flow. I bring this up because I happened to be in Milwaukee today. His addition to the Milwaukee Art Museum is such a treasure for that museum. His website is a joy to visit. Not only is his architectural work found there, but also his sculpture and 2D work as well. The Metropolitan Museum of Art will offer an exhibition of his work in October. I wish I was going to be there. Hmmmm, I may have to plan an escape.

No comments: